Utrecht Minotaurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour?

2 posters

Go down

Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour? Empty Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour?

Post by BrookM Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 am

It started with Duffybear posting hints on Warseer. Harry contributed as well. Today the puzzle was solved. Duffybear was spot on with the Harlequin Troupe sprue and Harry should be well known for excellent rumors already. Duffybear's riddles hint towards a 'Blue Marine'-release so the new armour type, Mark IX, should be available for most SM chapters.

Duffybear on Warseer

Originally Posted by Mattcrowther00  
Ohhhhhh what about MK9 power armour?
Mattcrowther00 wins

Here's what I know -
I have been told that there is a new mark of power armour coming at some point in the future. This is to help GW protect it's IP, so expect the design to be different from any previous version. It has been suggested that it looks a bit like Ironman's armour, but I haven't seen it so I don't know how close this is to reality. I don't have a time frame for the arrival and I don't know if old kits will be phased out or if they will remain alongside it. I'm guessing/hoping that older kits will remain as they are and all new kits will feature mark IX armour. This makes the most sense to me, but then this is GW we are talking about here.

That's all I know at this stage and Harry probably knows more than me about what's coming because he's hinting at bigger shocks.

As always take this with a pinch of salt. As you all know, I pass on what I hear, so if it's incorrect I apologise in advance.

I've had some fun over the last couple of days with the hints and riddles, so I may do it this way from now on.  Sorry if that will cause you problems.

Next post

Originally Posted by Bob Hunk  
Haha, ok yes now you've said it all your clues are really obvious. Wow, maybe I really am going to be ahead of the curve.  But hold on, if it looks like Ironman, how does that help protect their IP?
I think it just means that it's more advanced than the previous versions with all their nuts bolts and rivets showing. Maybe a bit more streamlined and the helmet changed slightly or something like that. remember that the Mechanicus have been gathering alien tech for a while now so I wouldn't be surprised if they have borrowed a few techniques from another species. I wouldn't think too much about the Ironman suit look just yet as it was only one person's interpretation.

Sorry about the mix up with mark IX and X at the beginning. One source said it was X but he was including GK armour as a mark. Finally got to the bottom of that after talking to him again.

I'm actually really looking forward to it! The FW suits have been great and I imagine these will be just as cool.

In the words of the great Pie-king

"BRING IT ON!"

P.S I told you it was obvious.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?404105-2015-40k-releases-according-to-BoLS&p=7382664&viewfull=1#post7382664

Harry
You are laughing now. This will cause a ***** storm of similar proportions on the 40K boards to the one we have been enjoying on the fantasy side.
Oh you guys are gonna love it.

Unconfirmed ETA is May 2015 - a red date for GW employees working in the shops
BrookM
BrookM
Imperial Knight
Imperial Knight

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/user/profile/7375.page

Back to top Go down

Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour? Empty Re: Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour?

Post by Xarin Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:33 am

ben benieuwd
Xarin
Xarin

http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/Harm_Jan

Back to top Go down

Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour? Empty Re: Coming May 2015 - Space Marine MK IX armour?

Post by BrookM Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Okee, gerucht schijnt nu te zijn.. Mk. IV armour in plastic, want GW gaat ook aan de Horus Heresy een begin maken..?
BrookM
BrookM
Imperial Knight
Imperial Knight

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/user/profile/7375.page

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down